Monday, 20 February 2012

Creating Clusters

I have recently been using some plastic/rubbery fabric that Sara passed on to me to use as a base for creating clusters - perhaps Sara can shed some light on what the fabric is - it feels like a shower curtain! The material has proved fantastic for this purpose as it crinkles and forms shapes that a soft fabric would not. I have always had an interest with the idea of "clusters" for Re-worked so I thought I'd try creating a few different styles using the same materials. I've combined the felt circles of different sizes with the silver coloured studs. I will take these further by now using some destructive techniques - would the material melt interestingly if branded? - and will post the results at a later date. I like the idea of combining these clusters with the cape style garment I made in the previous post - a definite contender for a final piece I think.

Sunday, 12 February 2012

Thursday, 9 February 2012


I decided instantly that I wanted this collar to be attached to fabric in a cape-like style. Since my sewing skills aren't fantastic, to say the least, I looked at an alternative way of attaching them and happened upon the studs. These were a very quick way of transforming the pieces and adding some detail to the plain fabric. I want to add some dramatic effect to the collar so will most likely heavily embellish it with different experiments then let the marks naturally make their way down the fabric.