Friday, 1 June 2012

Rose Tea

I noticed recently that the results from a previous experiment have either rusted or have produced salt crystals in unexpected places (the top handle) and I was inspired to see what results would be produced when experimenting with rust combined with other materials. Someone commented here that rusting with tea can produce a different colour so I decided to rust some previous clusters in tea (I chose rose tea as I had some loose leaves).

My hope is that, as the material the clusters are attached to is slightly plastic like, the tea will rinse off and the felt in the clusters will soak up the tea colour as well as the studs rusting with unusual colours so there will be more contrast in the experiment. 

The sample is currently drying off with some salt to speed up the process and possibly to create crystals. The results will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment